Whilst working on my media product, I had to use a lot of different technologies.
For example I had to use tools like Digital-SLR’s and had to learn how to use them, for the most professional looking photo. This was really good to be able to experiment with the cameras and get a feel for how they work, and what’s the best setting and best way to get good quality in the photo. This was a lot easier and less complicated than using a regular SLR camera, which I’m used to, so this allowed to adapt from the old form of technology to the new way of getting professional photos.
During this course I had to do a lot of work switching between Macs and My Samsung Netbook, and I had to convert between the two different methods of working to complete my magazine. In all honest I preferred working on the magazine on my own computer as I am more used to the windows operating system and how Photoshop worked on there. But the Mac computers was a totally new experience but it was worth the time spent learning how to use them as now I feel able to switch between the two different Operating Systems with ease.
Furthermore I also had to use a lot of software to produce my product, and benefit how it looked and how I researched into it and how this affected my product.
Prezi worked as a tool to help present thoughts and ideas looking very professional and creative, it also allowed me to structure my work and gather an understanding of my own aims and objectives for this project.
PowerPoint was another key tool to put down ideas, but I found it easier to focus ideas on this as it’s not too much sometimes, however it does lack some of the creativity that prezi has. Once I had finished I used sites like Slide Share to upload the presentation to the blog.

Word is another program I used for word processing, to check spelling and grammar of my writing. I used word to write my article, to make sure that it reads professionally, and makes clear sense. Word was very useful as it helped me write my answers and be able to make them look professional.
The main programs I used was Photoshop, and InDesign, as they allowed me to actually create my ideas from the flat plan, and without them I wouldn’t have been able to create a product, or I could have using programs I use generally like Paint.NET or Fireworks.
UK Tribes I used to research into the ‘Indie’ stereotype, and it gave me a good insight into what I should base my magazine on. This was very helpful with my target research as it let me acknowledge the different aspects of my chosen audience.
Windows Movie Maker was another tool I used to make video footage of images and texts to present my work and give a different way to portray my thoughts and ideas.









No comments:
Post a Comment