Thursday, 22 September 2011

Flat Plan Rational

This messy sketch here is my planning sheet it had all the ideas about my cover, it contained a lot of notes that would help me find
what would make my magazine cover look professional and well laid out, enough so that it is eye catching and appeals to the target audience and the potential audiences. this layout design and plan contains ideas on whether the selling lines should be in boxes or ribbons, whether the photo has a boarder or not, how the model will be posed and the distances trying to achieve minimal wasted space.











This is the finished flat plan, firstly, in haven't used colours in this design to give an idea on the layout side of things first, I have chosen the colour scheme: Red on the ribbons, the white bold mast head, white text for the selling lines and a light purple background, I have chose these colours because a strong white will stand out against darker and deeper colours. I have chosen the selling lines to look like ribbons to stand out and look interesting, I also laid it out so the third to be the main selling: because it wont get in the way of the model's photo but is position well enough to stand out. The use of the main selling line being in the centre is good because the next thing the eyes tend to be attracted to after seeing the masthead is the photo so it makes it clear that it is an important feature. For this flat plan I have decided to leave out the drawing of a model as I felt that adding the picture would make the ideas more complicated and distract my audience from the original purpose of this piece.




My contents page I have structured in collums to give it a more organised approach, giving the reader the struture needed to understand the magazine and get a clear idea of what is being hosted in the magazine, I have decided to use the same colour schemeand the same ribbon effect, again I havent drawn a photo in the design for the same reason for that of the cover. The contents page gives a light feel and isn't to overwhelming because of the structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment