Wednesday, 28 September 2011

Print Prelim





  • The magazine cover is important because it attracts the audience in to it, I used white, red and purple as a main colour scheme and black and an yellow like secondary colours but still important enough to draw attention of the audience.
  • Professional magazines tend to use two or three colours, that match a scheme
  • The photo of the model was set up in a two light setting on a black background and didn't use props to keep the cover from being over crowded.
  • I felt a more naturalistic look the model was necessary to work for a college student vibe
  • I know using a bold text will attract the eyes more but using a good text colour and using the handwriting font stylised my magazine to suit the college feel.
  • Furthermore using the book mark effect for my selling lines makes it easier to show what the magazing was based on...in keeping with the college theme.
  • The magazine had two audiences:
    Target audience which was students between 16-19, who are looking for information about colleges, and how it effects them.
    Spontaneous audience which could age from 13-25 or even older, they potentially could be looking ahead for college or looking to re-enroll or even to get an understanding of modern colleges.
  • During my time creating the cover and contents page I have used a various amount of new programs and used knew technology to use. Using a digital SLR was relativity new to me and I had only ever used a normal SLR or compact camera, I also used Apple Macs which I found was a smoother operating system, and was easier to use for designing the covers and content page. I used a new program In design which showed me how to structure text and images efficiently to design a cover. I was also re-introduced to to programs like Photoshop and Blogger, which benefited me and helped me  produce my finished product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment